Thursday 27 December 2007

Sick and Stickability.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a woman in possession of a womb, should be able to use that womb for the purpose which it was intended. Ok, wrong book, but I couldn't resist!

Here's the deal with Infertility. IF you're lucky enough to get a BFP somewhere along the line, the innocence is completely gone. I've been cogitating recently over all my losses and how quickly you move from joy to despair. I realise now that any time I manage to get a sticky pregnancy will lead to an extremely long 40 weeks. None of these innocent, bygone times when I treated myself as a normal person. No, now I will be HIGH RISK. Not only due to age, but also history.

Not fun. None of this scrubbing the kitchen floor when your waters break, as legend has it happened to my mum with her third child. I shall be completely and irrationally consumed with listeria-hysteria. GET THAT COLD CUT AWAY FROM ME!!!!

I've already been advised by the older generation to lay on the couch for 9 months. The oldies seem to think that this will help you avoid blighted ova, chemical pregnancies and ectopics. But you know what? I think I WILL lie on the couch for 9 months and languidly eat bon-bons and watch my favorite DVDs. Because I deserve it. Lost in Translation will follow Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. And so on.

I'll become a huge, amorphous invalid revelling in my abnormality.

Ok, fantasy over (getting a bit weird now) but you get the drift. Roll on, BT!

1 comment:

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

It this post a hint that you have tested and already lying on the couch? ;-)