Wednesday 30 December 2009

Fear and Self-loathing.

I weary of the myriad, quotidian concerns of the day and look forward to a new, improved year. Some of my resolutions are to get fit and to only listen to 60s music.

Besides the novels I will be required to teach, I also resolve to read one extra book a month. I say book rather than novel, as I find my addiction to historical biography will not yet wane. In fact, Stella Tillyard's "A Royal Affair" about my favorite Georgian dynasty will be accompanying me on the plane tomorrow to the fair isles of New Zealand, where we have 2 weeks of R, R and R ahead. In addition, I must read Robert Drewe's "Shark Net" and "Twelfth Night", to prepare for my classes next year. As an avid Shakespeare enthusiast, "Miss, how do you understand all this stuff?", I look forward to the melancholy, comic verse of the Bard in a play as yet untaught by myself.

I resolve to only listen to 60s music. Or 60's inspired music, which now broadens the parameters exponentially. Life's too short.

I will be running the 10km Run Melbourne and the 10km run at the Gold Coast marathon the following week. Optimism is not always a bad thing.

Happy New Year.

1 comment: