Saturday 12 April 2008

Ya got nuthin I want, ya got nuthin I need.

This is a banner week in Mez-land, a week unlike any other. My slightly melodramatic way of announcing 2 blog entries within a week.

I'm not completely clued up on this whole blogging etiquette thing. It appears that to obtain comments on your own scintillating entries, you must elicit such responses by commenting on OPBs. (that's other peeps' blogs y'all) Which presents me with the slightly problematic issue of actually having to read the aforementioned OPBs. Occasionally I do attempt this, dear reader, but oh, the banality! And the blogs of fellow childless slapper friends are becoming a wasteland of lost hopes and discarded words, ie: they seem to have stopped/diminished their blogging activities recently.

For what hope can there be, year after year of dashed dreams, disappointments, while your newbie barbie TTCer gets her magical 2 lines within a few months of trying? It seems that even IVF newbie barbies seem to be fulfilling their hopes much quicker than the rest of us.

I'm hoping, now, that we've stumbled upon the solution to our IF. No longer Unexplained, thanks to recurrent miscarriage testing, I find myself quietly hoping that this is the answer, and that the hysteroscopy/biopsy next week doesn't throw some other foul impediment to our efforts into the ring. Because I'm thinking that this is about as much as I can take.

The response to my testing ANA positive is for me to take a low dose of corticosteroids from transfer onwards. If this works, I'll definitely ditch the headfuck of AC and try for number 2 naturally, if we get that far. Being horrendously old, I personally am now a 1 child preferer, but DH and I both have issues with the idea of having a pampered, neurotic, spoilt, only child. "But ours won't be spoilt!" I cry, not even giving half-hearted credence to my own words. How on earth could this mythical child not be spoilt, after what we've been through? This child will be the prince/ss reigning over our lives, if only the mythical child would enter those emotionally-battered, yet still mildly hopeful lives at some point soon.

Where are you???

***what's with the irrelevent, Barnsey-esque title this week? No, I haven't tripped over to the bogan -side. I'm just a bit angry.

5 comments:

ColourYourWorld said...

I read your blog, but don't comment often. I will endeavor to comment more often. Although my blog has now taken a new direction, I can't help but keep on reading infertility blogs.

I am so glad that you have an answer and I have everything crossed that the new protocol works.

Car said...

I'm a reader / non comment type too :) If you use Bloglines, it'll give you updates & you only have to read when you want to (careful adding too many though!)

Am really hoping this new protocol works for you and you get your much deserved and wanted babee nothing wrong with a little spoiling!!! ;)

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Sorry. I am a crap commenter. I can never find the right words.

I think registering on Cyclesista got me my readers ;)

Bec said...

I read your blog often, I'm quite bad though, I quite often read and don't comment. Will try and comment more often :)

Descentia said...

I just want to say you suck for putting that damn song in my head!