Monday 10 December 2007

Wow, blogging, eh?

Yeah, just what the title said. Can't believe I've entered the blogging domain. Late thirties and all that. Strangely enough, this comes at a time, almost 4 years since we started TTC #1, when I'm coming to the childless realization. You know, the logical understanding that everyone knows someone who never had kids and that that someone for everyone I know will most likely be me. Well it sure as hell isn't going to be anyone else, judging by the breeding output of those around me.

Statistics show that in the near future 1 in 4 women will be childless, either by choice or circumstance. So basically, in a few years my life will be full of fun and laughter and lots of Childless Slapper friends, running around the world, buying Prada bags, that sort of thing. The stuff you do when you can't successfully spawn.

So, where was I?

Oh yeah, infertility. My new elephant in the room. Wow do people work hard to avoid that elephant now. Mainly because I spout off about it every chance I get. Mostly because it's always on my mind. Generally to demystify the label and bring it to the table. Quite often because it makes people uncomfortable, and in a sick and twisted way I kinda enjoy that the most.

Oh yeah, the worst part is the adjective "Unexplained" which comes before the noun in my case. Because being unexplained, having had every test going which are all normal, having responded ridiculously well to IVF with a dream cycle every step of the way, we still have to affix that adjective to that noun, "Infertility". How can they fix what ain't broke?

Which brings on the Why Mes and self-pity parties, which are a whole lotta fun. Or not.

So, I'm writing this blog because we've just moved interstate and I'm unemployed and bored. I'm writing because I'm trying to make sense of this situation. And because I feel like it.

This is the part where I give the black humour warning. If you like hugs and flowers, may I politely suggest that you bugger off and find some more inspiring reading? Coz that's not where my head's at right now.

Adios amigos!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, my Childless Slapper friend.

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Hugs, flowers and mostly BABY DUST can bugger off!!!

Welcome to blogland. Looking foward to reading your humourous spin on this crap xo