Wednesday 10 September 2008

I can't sleep, I can't stop my brain.

You know it's three weeks [on lucrin], I'm going insane
You know I'd give you everything I've got
for a little peace of mind.

I'm sure that's not quite what Mr. Lennon had in mind, but I'm gonna put lucrin right up there with whatever demons he was battling circa 1968.

So, to manipulate my cycle to fit in with DH's work roster, I'm down regging my brains out, baby! By the time I start stimming in 10 days, it'll have been 4 weeks on the demon. Crazy.

Everything is being thrown at the Last Stim Cycle. Sceptical Mez has booked the acupuncture and the gluten/dairy/caffeine/alcohol free diet is going quite well, after some major headache withdrawal.

The Recurrent Miscarriage expert has been consulted and has added thiamine to my mega-B6/B12/folate/aspirin concoction. He has told me to ditch the prednisolone (yay!) and to up the clexane to 60mgs. Apparently, despite my FS's confident assertions that my homocysteine levels are normal, they are way too high at 8.3. A woman in her reproductive years (sick joke, but you get the drift) should be around the 4.3 mark.

The good news is that my ANA levels have reduced substantially to a titre of 1/160 and my scary borderline Rheum. Factor is negative again. My theory is that they were elevated due to pregnancy as the last round of tests was only a week after my last miscarriage. Thus the vicious cycle of pregnancy elevating auto-immune disease, which then increases miscarriage risk.

I don't have a lot to add, however I do look forward to the end of this cycle with optimism. I have devoted an entire year of my life to IVF. One way or another, I will have my closure.

No comments: