Monday 7 July 2008

Relax, go on a holiday, stop thinking about it.....

.....well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Guess what folks, being as fertile as a Stop sign didn't lead to a natural pregnancy whilst enjoying the balmy warmth of Port Douglas 2 weeks ago. Funny that. I even deludedly stayed on the prednisolone (and have the moonface in the photos to prove it) against the instructions of Dr Suave, on the off chance that I'm actually quite fertile but just need to keep the inflammation down for a successful implantation. Not to be. As always, stupid hope will always spring eternal in the bosom of the Infertile.

Since my last blog entry there has been some small progress in this journey.

1. I have obtained a referral to the OB who's a thrombophiliac expert and await his call for an appointment. I've stayed on the megafol/B6/B12 and aspirin for now.

2. Dr Suave wants me to stim again rather than FET, due to age....ie: he wants the old duck to build up a supply of blasts before the eggs give out. Whatever, just lead me to that general anaesthetic. Same protocol, antagonist with 100 puregon.

3. I insisted on a Clexane prescription, despite his disbelief that my MTHFR is a factor. He kept spouting the "homocysteine is normal" line, but somehow I've stumbled upon a very pro-Clexane GP who is happy to supply me, so I told him I'd be using it with or without his approval. FS is no doubt highly sick of Mez and her friend, Dr Google, however I'm now firmly of the belief that an informed infertile is a (contradiction in terms) a relatively happy infertile.

4. DH's SCSA/Tunel test came back perfect, so again, it seems that embryo quality is not the issue here.

5. This will be full stim number 3, and transfer 7+8. I'm now looking down the barrel of the business end of this fertility caper. I may or may not do that statistically significant 4th stim, it really depends on a number of factors, including where we'll be living in a few months, which could change momentarily.

Let's go!

No comments: